PST Moments

7:17 AM





The view of the jungle from my front yard



Avocado and mango seasons
How the ice-cold bath water feels refreshing after a day in the sun
The tropical Secret Garden-y feel of my backyard



Reading in my room with the window open
Reading to my host siblings outside
Frozen ideals on a swelteringly hot day
Trying to figure out the moon phase by counting the shirt fibers that cover it
Choco-bananas
Punta dancing
Movie nights with the kids



Watching the turkeys wander the yard
Getting drenched by a storm that passes in 10 minutes



A wedding and a quinceaƱera

Not being woken up by roosters





When the sun is really hot and your freshly washed clothes dry in only a few hours



Horses roaming the roads



Baby talk in Spanish



Making my host sisters laugh with my subpar tortilla making skills
Making a passable tortilla
How it takes me 15 minutes just to leave my block because all of the kids have to say bye to me
Realizing how hard it will be to say goodbye at the end of training





I think Blackie is trying to say "don't leave!" or possibly "feed me!"






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form