December Updates...

8:54 AM



Reconnect 

December turned out to be a whirlwind month. I was coming off of a period of integration in my village, which was full of challenges and successes, and looking forward to Reconnect, our first in-service training as PCVs. I was full of questions and eager to spend time with all of my fellow volunteers, some of whom I hadn't seen since our September swearing-in. 

Our week-long training was intense and tiring, with some classic PC emotional reflection time. I definitely had some teary moments, and you'll read about why soon. But the limited time I got with my cohort was so worth it. Reconnect was also a nice break to refocus and renew energy for our work ahead, although I wouldn't be getting back to a site for awhile...

Caye Caulker: first Belizean vacation

Right after Reconnect, I went to Caye Caulker with some of my closest PCVs. Caye Caulker is chill, low-key, and beautiful- a perfect way to unwind after the fast pace and emotional intensity of our training. We enjoyed fresh seafood, frozen drinks, and some reggae. We also got to snorkel the Belize Barrier Reef, which I highly recommend. I need to get scuba certified for some Blue Hole diving! 

Future: Site Change

I want to make this its own post, but I will mention that during Reconnect, I was told that I would be undergoing a site change. There was a safety issue with my site, and Peace Corps decided that it would be best for me to be moved. I understand and agree with the decision, but that didn't make it any easier to leave...another reason I was very thankful for my Caye Caulker trip! It was definitely needed after everything I experienced.



To end on a good note: Pictures! 

Luxury living (at least during Reconnect)

Caye Caulker!

Yes

Christmas, island style

I could live here

Just hanging out HA

Snorkeling!

3/4 Cayo crew

Cayo crew complete!

Christmastime gathering of lovely PCVs




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form